Thursday 3 April 2014

To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose....

....Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.When I was a kid my Dad took me to see Star Wars.  Of course I was hooked and that Christmas top of my wish list was a Millennium Falcon and figures.  I was told, in no uncertain terms, I was a girl and girls didn't have Star Wars.Undeterred I put in requests for many Christmases to follow for an At-At, a lightsaber and an Ewok village.  I didn't get any of these.  Then I grew up and realised that it didn't really matter now that I was a girl, if I wanted Star Wars I could bloody well have it! And so a not so small obsession was born.  My lovely husband bought me an At-At, a Millennium Falcon soon followed as did AT-ST's, Speeder bikes, X Wings, Y Wings and figures.  Then one day I saw a Master Replica Lightsaber.  My jaw dropped, a replica of the actual saber AND it made the noises AND it glowed!  I NEEEEEDED it. I bought it.  And so it started.


Left to Right:
Luke (Return of The Jedi), Obi Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu (Revenge of the Sith), Yoda, Anakin (Revenge of The Sith), Darth Vader (A New Hope), Luke (Empire Strikes Back) and Darth Maul along the base.





Of course there are more to buy, a couple of Clone Wars ones that seemingly are USA only, not to mention the ever illusive Count Dooku.I know many of my readers are big geeks at heart so I thought you'd enjoy my collection :)  May the Force Be With You!Here they are with the lights off:



No comments:

Post a Comment